Feb 17, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
Amare Stoudemire expects his next game to be tonight, in Dallas for the Phoenix Suns. After that, who knows?
Up until a few days ago Stoudemire and the Suns still talked about extending his deal, but it turns out they have very different perceptions of his worth.
(Stoudemire’s) agent Happy Walters and Suns general manager Steve Kerr exchanged contract offers over the weekend but were far apart in talks, sources said. Those privy to the conversations among Suns ownership, management and Walters say they no longer include scenarios where Stoudemire isn’t traded prior to Thursday’s deadline.
The same report has Stoudemire telling friends this is it, tonight he plays his last game in Phoenix colors.
Everyone basically knew that to be true, but the two sides had to go through the formality of talking about a longer deal. Where Stoudemire is off to now remains to be seen, although Cleveland or Miami are the smart bets. Phoenix is taking its time making a decision.
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 0
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 42
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60