Feb 17, 2010, 10:21 AM EDT
There are a lot of team interested in the services of Troy Murphy. However, the Milwaukee Bucks are not one of them any more.
The Milwaukee Bucks have shuffled their roster for several different offers for Indiana Pacers forward Troy Murphy, but a big stumbling block for a deal has been the Pacers’ reluctance to take on guard Charlie Bell, who is due $7.8 million over the next two seasons. The impasse has some team officials skeptical that talks will be revived.
With his primary suitor being Cleveland (as a backup if Stoudemire falls through), you have to think Murphy is pretty happy not to have to go to Milwaukee. (No offense intended, Wisconsin, but you don’t have LeBron.)
The Pacers are looking to trade Murphy to get some roster and cap space for future moves, so them taking on Bell’s contract was never going to happen. The Bucks would still like a stretch four to pair with Andrew Bogut.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48