Feb 17, 2010, 10:21 AM EDT
There are a lot of team interested in the services of Troy Murphy. However, the Milwaukee Bucks are not one of them any more.
The Milwaukee Bucks have shuffled their roster for several different offers for Indiana Pacers forward Troy Murphy, but a big stumbling block for a deal has been the Pacers’ reluctance to take on guard Charlie Bell, who is due $7.8 million over the next two seasons. The impasse has some team officials skeptical that talks will be revived.
With his primary suitor being Cleveland (as a backup if Stoudemire falls through), you have to think Murphy is pretty happy not to have to go to Milwaukee. (No offense intended, Wisconsin, but you don’t have LeBron.)
The Pacers are looking to trade Murphy to get some roster and cap space for future moves, so them taking on Bell’s contract was never going to happen. The Bucks would still like a stretch four to pair with Andrew Bogut.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 0
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13