Feb 17, 2010, 10:21 AM EDT
There are a lot of team interested in the services of Troy Murphy. However, the Milwaukee Bucks are not one of them any more.
The Milwaukee Bucks have shuffled their roster for several different offers for Indiana Pacers forward Troy Murphy, but a big stumbling block for a deal has been the Pacers’ reluctance to take on guard Charlie Bell, who is due $7.8 million over the next two seasons. The impasse has some team officials skeptical that talks will be revived.
With his primary suitor being Cleveland (as a backup if Stoudemire falls through), you have to think Murphy is pretty happy not to have to go to Milwaukee. (No offense intended, Wisconsin, but you don’t have LeBron.)
The Pacers are looking to trade Murphy to get some roster and cap space for future moves, so them taking on Bell’s contract was never going to happen. The Bucks would still like a stretch four to pair with Andrew Bogut.
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 0
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 11
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 27
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23