Feb 17, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Update 3:53 pm Okay, I am done predicting when Kobe will be back.
When asked at Lakers practice today, Bryant said he would not be playing against the Celtics on Thursday night. He said the ankle and tendon were not ready, but that he could change his mind tomorrow depending on how it feels.
11:35 am Yes, you saw the “Kobe will be back next game” headline yesterday. But this time we really mean it.
He was good enough to practice Monday but the ankle didn’t respond well so he didn’t go Tuesday. But that was against a Monta-less Golden State Warriors team. Thursday night it is national television against the Celtics. Different motivation factors there.
Phil Jackson talked in a circle about Kobe’s ankle after the game Tuesday.
“I’m sure he wants to be (ready to face the Celtics),” Jackson said. “I’m sure he’s making every attempt to be. He’s doing therapy; he’s almost doing therapy too much in the process of trying to get this thing better. I think he’ll give it a try and we’ll see how it is on Thursday.”
After Thursday’s game, the Lakers are off again for four days, until the following Tuesday. That’s a lot of time to rest up, and another reason for Kobe to go. As if he needed another reason besides the Celtics
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45