Feb 17, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Update 3:53 pm Okay, I am done predicting when Kobe will be back.
When asked at Lakers practice today, Bryant said he would not be playing against the Celtics on Thursday night. He said the ankle and tendon were not ready, but that he could change his mind tomorrow depending on how it feels.
11:35 am Yes, you saw the “Kobe will be back next game” headline yesterday. But this time we really mean it.
He was good enough to practice Monday but the ankle didn’t respond well so he didn’t go Tuesday. But that was against a Monta-less Golden State Warriors team. Thursday night it is national television against the Celtics. Different motivation factors there.
Phil Jackson talked in a circle about Kobe’s ankle after the game Tuesday.
“I’m sure he wants to be (ready to face the Celtics),” Jackson said. “I’m sure he’s making every attempt to be. He’s doing therapy; he’s almost doing therapy too much in the process of trying to get this thing better. I think he’ll give it a try and we’ll see how it is on Thursday.”
After Thursday’s game, the Lakers are off again for four days, until the following Tuesday. That’s a lot of time to rest up, and another reason for Kobe to go. As if he needed another reason besides the Celtics
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31