Feb 17, 2010, 12:31 PM EDT
Julian Wright’s name has not been coming up in trade talk, but he wishes it was. At least that’s what he said on Twitter.
Off to practice, thinking bout how I’m jealous of all these players that managed to get traded before Thursday…
Just saying, might need a change of scenery, of course I love New Orleans! Bought a house here.
Not bout blaming anyone. Just thinkin bout the C. Fryes, S. Browns, and the G. Wallaces, of the league who just needed a change of scenery.
Wright then spent the rest of his twitter time that day defending what he said and saying he loved New Orleans. He said it was on him to work harder. He did everything that goes with a modern celebrity apology save entering some kind of rehab.
Wright’s minutes have been dropping in New Orleans — from 14.3 per game last season to 11 this season to 9.6 per in the last 10 games. Part of that is Peja Stojakovic staying healthy for the season, but whatever the reason Wright wants some burn. He is frustrated. But he also realizes that in the end it’s on him.
Ok, I apologize for venting and making anybody uncomfortable. I just worked hard these past two summers so that’s what I’ll do this summer!
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18