Feb 17, 2010, 1:02 AM EST
The Portland Trailblazers have given new meaning to snakebit. Murphy’s Law has actually been renamed The McMillan Corollary. They’ve lost more guys to injury than a squad in Modern Warfare. But Martell Webster is back, they just traded for Marcus Camby to help with their frontcourt decimation, and surely things are looking brighter, right?
B Roy tells
reporters after the game he is worried that his season could be in
jeopardy as his hamstring is not progressing. V. Frustrated
Roy did play in the game, after missing 15 games because of the hamstring he played 15 minutes and looked uncomfortable. He was 2 of 7 from the floor, then did not play in the second half.
After the game, Roy said, “I think if this [pain] is with me the whole season then I don’t really
have a shot at playing. This is bad. I don’t know. It’s something I
have to talk to coach about. It’s to the point where I can’t play
because it hurts too bad.”
If Roy is done for the season, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye for this club. Even with their admirable performance without him to keep the team afloat, there’s just not enough offense, especially with Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake moved to LA for them to keep pace. Losing Roy would be a catastrophic for this team’s outlook both short-term and long-term for deciding if this core is on track to contend for the Finals.
At this point, we’re headed straight for “The Curse of Darius Miles” territory. Hopefully Roy’s hamstring will respond to treatment and he’ll be back in time for the final playoff push. But then, we’re still looking for something that’s turned out right for Portland this year.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 2
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 38
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 28
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5