Feb 17, 2010, 1:02 AM EDT
The Portland Trailblazers have given new meaning to snakebit. Murphy’s Law has actually been renamed The McMillan Corollary. They’ve lost more guys to injury than a squad in Modern Warfare. But Martell Webster is back, they just traded for Marcus Camby to help with their frontcourt decimation, and surely things are looking brighter, right?
B Roy tells
reporters after the game he is worried that his season could be in
jeopardy as his hamstring is not progressing. V. Frustrated
Roy did play in the game, after missing 15 games because of the hamstring he played 15 minutes and looked uncomfortable. He was 2 of 7 from the floor, then did not play in the second half.
After the game, Roy said, “I think if this [pain] is with me the whole season then I don’t really
have a shot at playing. This is bad. I don’t know. It’s something I
have to talk to coach about. It’s to the point where I can’t play
because it hurts too bad.”
If Roy is done for the season, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye for this club. Even with their admirable performance without him to keep the team afloat, there’s just not enough offense, especially with Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake moved to LA for them to keep pace. Losing Roy would be a catastrophic for this team’s outlook both short-term and long-term for deciding if this core is on track to contend for the Finals.
At this point, we’re headed straight for “The Curse of Darius Miles” territory. Hopefully Roy’s hamstring will respond to treatment and he’ll be back in time for the final playoff push. But then, we’re still looking for something that’s turned out right for Portland this year.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18