Feb 17, 2010, 1:02 AM EST
The Portland Trailblazers have given new meaning to snakebit. Murphy’s Law has actually been renamed The McMillan Corollary. They’ve lost more guys to injury than a squad in Modern Warfare. But Martell Webster is back, they just traded for Marcus Camby to help with their frontcourt decimation, and surely things are looking brighter, right?
B Roy tells
reporters after the game he is worried that his season could be in
jeopardy as his hamstring is not progressing. V. Frustrated
Roy did play in the game, after missing 15 games because of the hamstring he played 15 minutes and looked uncomfortable. He was 2 of 7 from the floor, then did not play in the second half.
After the game, Roy said, “I think if this [pain] is with me the whole season then I don’t really
have a shot at playing. This is bad. I don’t know. It’s something I
have to talk to coach about. It’s to the point where I can’t play
because it hurts too bad.”
If Roy is done for the season, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye for this club. Even with their admirable performance without him to keep the team afloat, there’s just not enough offense, especially with Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake moved to LA for them to keep pace. Losing Roy would be a catastrophic for this team’s outlook both short-term and long-term for deciding if this core is on track to contend for the Finals.
At this point, we’re headed straight for “The Curse of Darius Miles” territory. Hopefully Roy’s hamstring will respond to treatment and he’ll be back in time for the final playoff push. But then, we’re still looking for something that’s turned out right for Portland this year.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 20
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16