Feb 17, 2010, 9:19 PM EST
Tracy McGrady may be working out in Chicago, but if he plays anywhere this year it will be in New York.
That’s because the Bulls are out of the McGrady running, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Lord of the trade rumor.
The Bulls bid always seemed to serve little more purpose than to provide leverage for Houston in its negotiations with the Knicks. That said, the offer was rumored to be Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons. Whatever it was, it is moot now.
Earlier today, the Knicks and Rockets both were doing some public posturing in the negotiations. With the trade deadline approaching tomorrow (3 p.m. Eastern) the time for games is over. If they are going to get it done, they need to get it done.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28