Feb 17, 2010, 9:19 PM EDT
Tracy McGrady may be working out in Chicago, but if he plays anywhere this year it will be in New York.
That’s because the Bulls are out of the McGrady running, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Lord of the trade rumor.
The Bulls bid always seemed to serve little more purpose than to provide leverage for Houston in its negotiations with the Knicks. That said, the offer was rumored to be Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons. Whatever it was, it is moot now.
Earlier today, the Knicks and Rockets both were doing some public posturing in the negotiations. With the trade deadline approaching tomorrow (3 p.m. Eastern) the time for games is over. If they are going to get it done, they need to get it done.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34