Feb 17, 2010, 9:19 PM EST
Tracy McGrady may be working out in Chicago, but if he plays anywhere this year it will be in New York.
That’s because the Bulls are out of the McGrady running, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Lord of the trade rumor.
The Bulls bid always seemed to serve little more purpose than to provide leverage for Houston in its negotiations with the Knicks. That said, the offer was rumored to be Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons. Whatever it was, it is moot now.
Earlier today, the Knicks and Rockets both were doing some public posturing in the negotiations. With the trade deadline approaching tomorrow (3 p.m. Eastern) the time for games is over. If they are going to get it done, they need to get it done.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9