Feb 17, 2010, 9:19 PM EDT
Tracy McGrady may be working out in Chicago, but if he plays anywhere this year it will be in New York.
That’s because the Bulls are out of the McGrady running, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Lord of the trade rumor.
The Bulls bid always seemed to serve little more purpose than to provide leverage for Houston in its negotiations with the Knicks. That said, the offer was rumored to be Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons. Whatever it was, it is moot now.
Earlier today, the Knicks and Rockets both were doing some public posturing in the negotiations. With the trade deadline approaching tomorrow (3 p.m. Eastern) the time for games is over. If they are going to get it done, they need to get it done.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7