Feb 17, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
After last night’s win against the Clippers in which he played just 15 minutes, Brandon Roy hinted he could be done for the season.
Today, he shows up to practice, shows no ill effects, and he says he’s ready to play Friday against Boston.
“I’m planning on playing Friday,” Roy said. “So I’m going to try and prepare … practice will be good for me tomorrow.”
Roy is riding the hamstring roller coaster — a very delicate injury that can have you thinking your on top of the world one moment then come back and strike you down the next.
Only Roy knows how Roy’s body feels and responds. But it is a long season, and he is needed for the playoffs more than February games against the Clippers and Boston. Hamstrings can linger, he should be sure he is 100% before he comes back (think Pau Gasol to start the season).
Portland just needs to hope that the return, whenever it is, is permanent.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 0
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 28
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16