Feb 17, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
After last night’s win against the Clippers in which he played just 15 minutes, Brandon Roy hinted he could be done for the season.
Today, he shows up to practice, shows no ill effects, and he says he’s ready to play Friday against Boston.
“I’m planning on playing Friday,” Roy said. “So I’m going to try and prepare … practice will be good for me tomorrow.”
Roy is riding the hamstring roller coaster — a very delicate injury that can have you thinking your on top of the world one moment then come back and strike you down the next.
Only Roy knows how Roy’s body feels and responds. But it is a long season, and he is needed for the playoffs more than February games against the Clippers and Boston. Hamstrings can linger, he should be sure he is 100% before he comes back (think Pau Gasol to start the season).
Portland just needs to hope that the return, whenever it is, is permanent.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50