Feb 17, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
After last night’s win against the Clippers in which he played just 15 minutes, Brandon Roy hinted he could be done for the season.
Today, he shows up to practice, shows no ill effects, and he says he’s ready to play Friday against Boston.
“I’m planning on playing Friday,” Roy said. “So I’m going to try and prepare … practice will be good for me tomorrow.”
Roy is riding the hamstring roller coaster — a very delicate injury that can have you thinking your on top of the world one moment then come back and strike you down the next.
Only Roy knows how Roy’s body feels and responds. But it is a long season, and he is needed for the playoffs more than February games against the Clippers and Boston. Hamstrings can linger, he should be sure he is 100% before he comes back (think Pau Gasol to start the season).
Portland just needs to hope that the return, whenever it is, is permanent.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 36
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8