Feb 17, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
After last night’s win against the Clippers in which he played just 15 minutes, Brandon Roy hinted he could be done for the season.
Today, he shows up to practice, shows no ill effects, and he says he’s ready to play Friday against Boston.
“I’m planning on playing Friday,” Roy said. “So I’m going to try and prepare … practice will be good for me tomorrow.”
Roy is riding the hamstring roller coaster — a very delicate injury that can have you thinking your on top of the world one moment then come back and strike you down the next.
Only Roy knows how Roy’s body feels and responds. But it is a long season, and he is needed for the playoffs more than February games against the Clippers and Boston. Hamstrings can linger, he should be sure he is 100% before he comes back (think Pau Gasol to start the season).
Portland just needs to hope that the return, whenever it is, is permanent.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 57
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65