Feb 16, 2010, 12:11 AM EST
Roger Mason is in the last year of a deal and he feels like there’s a roadblock ahead — he can’t prove his worth without a more burn. And he’s not getting minutes in San Antonio.
So the Spurs and Mason’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, are working to get him traded.
Mason’s stats — shooting percentage, points scored per minute, even things like PER and adjustedPER — are almost identical to last year. However, with a healthy Manu Ginobili and the emergence of George Hill, Mason’s minutes have disappeared.
Mason will be looking for someone, anyone who can give him those minutes. And maybe would be interested him staying around next year.
But finding a deal will not be easy, the Spurs will not just give him away.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42