Feb 16, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
Roger Mason is in the last year of a deal and he feels like there’s a roadblock ahead — he can’t prove his worth without a more burn. And he’s not getting minutes in San Antonio.
So the Spurs and Mason’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, are working to get him traded.
Mason’s stats — shooting percentage, points scored per minute, even things like PER and adjustedPER — are almost identical to last year. However, with a healthy Manu Ginobili and the emergence of George Hill, Mason’s minutes have disappeared.
Mason will be looking for someone, anyone who can give him those minutes. And maybe would be interested him staying around next year.
But finding a deal will not be easy, the Spurs will not just give him away.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18