Feb 16, 2010, 12:11 AM EST
Roger Mason is in the last year of a deal and he feels like there’s a roadblock ahead — he can’t prove his worth without a more burn. And he’s not getting minutes in San Antonio.
So the Spurs and Mason’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, are working to get him traded.
Mason’s stats — shooting percentage, points scored per minute, even things like PER and adjustedPER — are almost identical to last year. However, with a healthy Manu Ginobili and the emergence of George Hill, Mason’s minutes have disappeared.
Mason will be looking for someone, anyone who can give him those minutes. And maybe would be interested him staying around next year.
But finding a deal will not be easy, the Spurs will not just give him away.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12