Feb 16, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
Roger Mason is in the last year of a deal and he feels like there’s a roadblock ahead — he can’t prove his worth without a more burn. And he’s not getting minutes in San Antonio.
So the Spurs and Mason’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, are working to get him traded.
Mason’s stats — shooting percentage, points scored per minute, even things like PER and adjustedPER — are almost identical to last year. However, with a healthy Manu Ginobili and the emergence of George Hill, Mason’s minutes have disappeared.
Mason will be looking for someone, anyone who can give him those minutes. And maybe would be interested him staying around next year.
But finding a deal will not be easy, the Spurs will not just give him away.
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39