Feb 16, 2010, 12:11 AM EST
Roger Mason is in the last year of a deal and he feels like there’s a roadblock ahead — he can’t prove his worth without a more burn. And he’s not getting minutes in San Antonio.
So the Spurs and Mason’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, are working to get him traded.
Mason’s stats — shooting percentage, points scored per minute, even things like PER and adjustedPER — are almost identical to last year. However, with a healthy Manu Ginobili and the emergence of George Hill, Mason’s minutes have disappeared.
Mason will be looking for someone, anyone who can give him those minutes. And maybe would be interested him staying around next year.
But finding a deal will not be easy, the Spurs will not just give him away.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5