Feb 16, 2010, 11:48 PM EDT
The dunk champ may be getting himself new digs.
The New York Daily News is reporting that the Celtics and Knicks have entered talks to trade Nate Robinson to the Celtics. Terms of the proposed deal were not reported.
Robinson signed a one year deal in the offseason, which provides him the equivalent of a no-trade clause. He has reportedly informed the Knicks he’d only approve a trade to a contender, with the Celtics being one of the teams he would approve.
Trading for Robinson would give the Celtics a true backup point guard which means they would be able to use Marquis Daniels where he’s best, at the wing, and not allow Eddie House to run the offense ever, ever, ever.
The Knicks would (gasp) be looking for more cap relief from the deal.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10