Report: Celtics talking to Knicks about trade for Nate Robinson

Feb 16, 2010, 11:48 PM EDT

nba_robinson.jpgThe dunk champ may be getting himself new digs.

The New York Daily News is reporting that the Celtics and Knicks have entered talks to trade Nate Robinson to the Celtics. Terms of the proposed deal were not reported.

Robinson signed a one year deal in the offseason, which provides him the equivalent of a no-trade clause. He has reportedly informed the Knicks he’d only approve a trade to a contender, with the Celtics being one of the teams he would approve.

Trading for Robinson would give the Celtics a true backup point guard which means they would be able to use Marquis Daniels where he’s best, at the wing, and not allow Eddie House to run the offense ever, ever, ever.

The Knicks would (gasp) be looking for more cap relief from the deal.

1. Max V - Feb 17, 2010 at 3:43 AM

This kid is gifted and can play the game with the right coach. I always rooted for Nate because while NY was stinking the past 10 years, he is with David Lee the rare bright spots (at least they showed up to play 95% of the time). Oh Well, never thought in my lifetime I will be rooting for the Celtics, if this trade happens, I won’t mind that the celtics got their health back and beat Cleveland in the palyoffs and give Lebron one more reason to leave and come to NY. That will be the only way for celtics to pay knicks back for trading Nate.

2. Jay - Feb 17, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Yeah, but since when Nate is considered being anything close to a true point guard?

3. eric - Feb 17, 2010 at 9:26 AM

didn’t we (the Celtics)learn our lesson about attitudes from the Marbury signing? or the Telfair signing?

4. poo poo - Feb 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM

First off Nate will score points off the bench, he is automaticand can run the poing.He has no attitude problem.The Celtics are very lucky to get this guy, he is one of the best things the Knicks have going the others are, Lee and Chandler.

5. Tedrick - Feb 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Shame on you for putting Eric in the same class as Marbury and Tefair. Nate is a great guy and a good player and would certainly be a shot in the arm for the Celtics. Just because D’Antoni has his differences with Robinson we should not pass judgement on the guy. Besides can you blame Nate he is clearly the most talented guard and he rides a lot of pine. You would be a little upset too. Whn he is on the court he produces, period.

6. panasonic kx fl511 - Feb 17, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Hi mate, when browsing at your blog i see some sort of weird codes all over the page, in case it’s important I just thought I’d let you know it says this with all sorts of other stuff after it: “Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in wp-settings.php line 12″

7. delete trojan virus - Feb 17, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I never, ever believed I would have to understand this thank goodness for the web

8. TheTRUTHx1000 - Feb 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Amazing I was reading alot of posts about this trade and personally i cant believe that alot of knick fans are happy with this trade! Nate was alright when he scored 41 off the bench in the comeback against Atlanta and now he’s garbage and the knicks are right for trying to trade him? He’s not a good point guard? He’s not a team player? Like the point guards they have there now (Duhon & Douglas) are better! The fact remains that Nate Robinson is or was their best point guard period! I mean REALLY has anyone else seen Duhon and his persistent habit of turning the ball over or Douglas inept handling of the offense. Let’s not forget the fact that both Duhon and Douglas couldn’t hit themselves in the face if it meant they would score two points for doing it. Now everyone is blaming the Knicks sucking on Nate? The Knick were 9-6 with him on the bench and 6-9 while he was playing? Oh come on the reason the Knicks are losing is the same reason they lose every year; POOR COACHING & POOR GENERAL MANAGEMENT period!!! How do you shorten your rotation when you don’t have the bodies to do it? How do you trade one of the best two guards (Crawford) after he has been one of the few bright spots for an otherwise horrible cascade of poor caoching and managing? Maybe everyone has forgotten that the Knicks have a wonderful history of trading player only to watch as they flourish with other teams. Sure there are your Sprewells and Marburys but let’s not forget about players like Crawford, Ariza, McDeyess, Thomas, Frye and I could go on an on and on. The bottom line is this will be one more trade that will kick the Knicks in the AZZ! HEY HOW ABOUT THIS; INSTEAD OF TRADING THE PLAYERS WHY DON’T WE TRADE OUR PATHETIC COACH AND THE REST OF MANAGEMENT!!!!

9. Zygor Guide Review - Feb 18, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Hey. Great blog. I’ve been searching around for blogs like this for a while, and I finally found the info I’ve been looking for!

10. Buck Newbert - Feb 20, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Your post piqued my interest. Please give us a more indepth post if you get a chance.

11. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 7:10 AM

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

12. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

13. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

14. Logitech Trackball - Feb 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

15. Tyson F. Gautreaux - Mar 3, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Love the blog, i found you via bing and will be bookmarking you right now.
    oh you can usally catch me over at bontrade

16. Andrew Pelt - Mar 3, 2010 at 1:19 PM

great site loads of info, and it helped me a lot, so i thought i might aswell drop ac comment i like your work here, you can find me over at Bontrade so just drop me a pm if need be.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches