Feb 16, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
While Amare Stoudemire and Tyrus Thomas are the hot names in trade rumors, one athletic forward — who other teams covet — appears to be going nowhere.
It appears Andre Iguodala will remain in Philadelphia.
One source close to the team indicated that Iguodala was very unlikely to be traded.
Another source close to negotiations said that “unless they change their position,” the Sixers would not be trading Iguodala and are absolutely not looking to shed salary.
The problem with Iggy was not his play — he is averaging 17.1 points per game, seven rebounds and is the best player on the team. The problem was the big four year, $56 million contract that remains, and if he was really worth that kind of money.
But he Sixers brass has consistently said it’s not about the money, it’s about what is best for the basketball team. And in the very early talks of a trade, Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski has decided that for now no move is the best move.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4