Feb 16, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
While Amare Stoudemire and Tyrus Thomas are the hot names in trade rumors, one athletic forward — who other teams covet — appears to be going nowhere.
It appears Andre Iguodala will remain in Philadelphia.
One source close to the team indicated that Iguodala was very unlikely to be traded.
Another source close to negotiations said that “unless they change their position,” the Sixers would not be trading Iguodala and are absolutely not looking to shed salary.
The problem with Iggy was not his play — he is averaging 17.1 points per game, seven rebounds and is the best player on the team. The problem was the big four year, $56 million contract that remains, and if he was really worth that kind of money.
But he Sixers brass has consistently said it’s not about the money, it’s about what is best for the basketball team. And in the very early talks of a trade, Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski has decided that for now no move is the best move.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 5
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 17
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19