Feb 16, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
While Amare Stoudemire and Tyrus Thomas are the hot names in trade rumors, one athletic forward — who other teams covet — appears to be going nowhere.
It appears Andre Iguodala will remain in Philadelphia.
One source close to the team indicated that Iguodala was very unlikely to be traded.
Another source close to negotiations said that “unless they change their position,” the Sixers would not be trading Iguodala and are absolutely not looking to shed salary.
The problem with Iggy was not his play — he is averaging 17.1 points per game, seven rebounds and is the best player on the team. The problem was the big four year, $56 million contract that remains, and if he was really worth that kind of money.
But he Sixers brass has consistently said it’s not about the money, it’s about what is best for the basketball team. And in the very early talks of a trade, Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski has decided that for now no move is the best move.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 27
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6