Feb 16, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
While Amare Stoudemire and Tyrus Thomas are the hot names in trade rumors, one athletic forward — who other teams covet — appears to be going nowhere.
It appears Andre Iguodala will remain in Philadelphia.
One source close to the team indicated that Iguodala was very unlikely to be traded.
Another source close to negotiations said that “unless they change their position,” the Sixers would not be trading Iguodala and are absolutely not looking to shed salary.
The problem with Iggy was not his play — he is averaging 17.1 points per game, seven rebounds and is the best player on the team. The problem was the big four year, $56 million contract that remains, and if he was really worth that kind of money.
But he Sixers brass has consistently said it’s not about the money, it’s about what is best for the basketball team. And in the very early talks of a trade, Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski has decided that for now no move is the best move.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 0
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10