Feb 15, 2010, 6:39 PM EDT
What is it about the Walton family and injuries?
Luke Walton’s pinched nerve in his back is acting up and not only is he going to miss Tuesday’s game against Golden State, he may be done for the season, says the OC Register’s Kevin Ding. He has been officially moved to the team’s inactive list with no timetable for a return, according to a team report.
The good news for the Lakers is Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum practiced with the team Monday and are both expected to play Tuesday.
Walton was expected to be a key contributor off the bench for the Lakers in the playoffs, he is the one player on the second unit that works well within the triangle offense. He also is an underrated defender. But back problems have limited him to just 24 games this season, and it looks like that is it.
Does that put pressure on the Lakers to make a trade deadline move? Phil Jackson said no after practice, it does not force them to. But the Lakers really have to be thinking about it now.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18