Feb 15, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Some trade rumors are like Freddy Krueger or Sammy Hagar — horrible, evil monsters that you just can’t get rid of.
Take the silly Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum rumors, for example. First, all weekend in Dallas, Toronto front office staff shot down anyone who brought up Bosh’s name in a trade. Then there’s the fact this whole rumor was really something the Lakers front office staff kicked around very casually, but got leaked because of internal office politics. This deal is not going to happen.
Our own Ira Winderman is not even sure why either team should do it:
If you do one of those “who’s better” matchups between the Lakers and Mavericks, position by position, the Lakers still have the superior lineup, even when getting down to the sixth-man comparison between Lamar Odom and Jason Terry .
Then there is the issue of why the Raptors would in any way feel compelled to move Bosh for Bynum.
If anything, Toronto can wait until the offseason and then work out the best possible sign-and-trade for Bosh, upping the ante for what it can get in return.
Exactly — this trade makes little sense for Toronto, would shake up a good Lakers roster and would force Jerry Buss to take on more salary when he says he is trying to cut. Stop asking about it. It’s not ever going to happen. Stop. Just stop.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14