Feb 15, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
Some trade rumors are like Freddy Krueger or Sammy Hagar — horrible, evil monsters that you just can’t get rid of.
Take the silly Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum rumors, for example. First, all weekend in Dallas, Toronto front office staff shot down anyone who brought up Bosh’s name in a trade. Then there’s the fact this whole rumor was really something the Lakers front office staff kicked around very casually, but got leaked because of internal office politics. This deal is not going to happen.
Our own Ira Winderman is not even sure why either team should do it:
If you do one of those “who’s better” matchups between the Lakers and Mavericks, position by position, the Lakers still have the superior lineup, even when getting down to the sixth-man comparison between Lamar Odom and Jason Terry .
Then there is the issue of why the Raptors would in any way feel compelled to move Bosh for Bynum.
If anything, Toronto can wait until the offseason and then work out the best possible sign-and-trade for Bosh, upping the ante for what it can get in return.
Exactly — this trade makes little sense for Toronto, would shake up a good Lakers roster and would force Jerry Buss to take on more salary when he says he is trying to cut. Stop asking about it. It’s not ever going to happen. Stop. Just stop.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 21
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7