Feb 15, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Some trade rumors are like Freddy Krueger or Sammy Hagar — horrible, evil monsters that you just can’t get rid of.
Take the silly Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum rumors, for example. First, all weekend in Dallas, Toronto front office staff shot down anyone who brought up Bosh’s name in a trade. Then there’s the fact this whole rumor was really something the Lakers front office staff kicked around very casually, but got leaked because of internal office politics. This deal is not going to happen.
Our own Ira Winderman is not even sure why either team should do it:
If you do one of those “who’s better” matchups between the Lakers and Mavericks, position by position, the Lakers still have the superior lineup, even when getting down to the sixth-man comparison between Lamar Odom and Jason Terry .
Then there is the issue of why the Raptors would in any way feel compelled to move Bosh for Bynum.
If anything, Toronto can wait until the offseason and then work out the best possible sign-and-trade for Bosh, upping the ante for what it can get in return.
Exactly — this trade makes little sense for Toronto, would shake up a good Lakers roster and would force Jerry Buss to take on more salary when he says he is trying to cut. Stop asking about it. It’s not ever going to happen. Stop. Just stop.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15