Feb 15, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long — Maverick’s coach Rick Carlisle has already told Jason Terry he would be coming off the bench and Caron Butler would start.
The move could be a potential concern to the Mavericks, because Terry was on the bench to start the year but struggled in that role. He was moved into being a starter and his shooting touch and all-around game improved. In his last 10 games he has shot a higher percentage than Dirk Nowitzki and has hit 46.2 percent of his three pointers.
“That got my rhythm right,” Terry said of starting. “For some reason or another, I was out of rhythm. Getting back in the lineup, it got me back going.
“I’m ready, so coming back off the bench is not going to be a problem for me because now I feel like I’m in rhythm. We’ll see how it goes, but I’ll do whatever this team needs me to do to be successful. I believe that for the better of our team with Caron now, that’s to come off the bench.”
Butler has an adjustment himself: he had normally played the small forward spot, but that belongs to Shawn Marion in Dallas, so Butler will be a shooting guard. However, Dallas has a lot of flexibility with this lineup and could go small with Nowitzki at center, Marion at power forward, Butler as the other forward, Terry and Jason Kidd in the backcourt.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 35
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 12
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 28
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64