Feb 15, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Brandon Bass has been somewhat of a disappointment in Orlando. In his first year with the team, the 24-year old forward is averaging only 13 minutes per game, and he has easily the worst +/- rating on the Magic. However, he hasn’t let his play have an impact on his sense of humor.
Say what you will about Bass’ defense this season, but don’t say that he’s not a man of his word. Radio host Ben Maller has a blog entry up today about how Bass ended up giving him a pair of sneakers:
“I started to throw some trash talk back at Bass and his shoes, telling him when he’s done with the NBA he can work at Foot Locker.While pointing out I’m a man of the people who walks the mean streets of Los Angeles to get to games, Bass, out of the blue, said he’d give me his shoes after they played the Clippers.”
It took Bass a little while, but eventually Mailer got a package in the mail containing the sneakers. As trade rumors continue to swirl, it’s nice to see that at least one transaction got successfully completed.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld