Feb 15, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Brandon Bass has been somewhat of a disappointment in Orlando. In his first year with the team, the 24-year old forward is averaging only 13 minutes per game, and he has easily the worst +/- rating on the Magic. However, he hasn’t let his play have an impact on his sense of humor.
Say what you will about Bass’ defense this season, but don’t say that he’s not a man of his word. Radio host Ben Maller has a blog entry up today about how Bass ended up giving him a pair of sneakers:
“I started to throw some trash talk back at Bass and his shoes, telling him when he’s done with the NBA he can work at Foot Locker.While pointing out I’m a man of the people who walks the mean streets of Los Angeles to get to games, Bass, out of the blue, said he’d give me his shoes after they played the Clippers.”
It took Bass a little while, but eventually Mailer got a package in the mail containing the sneakers. As trade rumors continue to swirl, it’s nice to see that at least one transaction got successfully completed.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld