Feb 15, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Brandon Bass has been somewhat of a disappointment in Orlando. In his first year with the team, the 24-year old forward is averaging only 13 minutes per game, and he has easily the worst +/- rating on the Magic. However, he hasn’t let his play have an impact on his sense of humor.
Say what you will about Bass’ defense this season, but don’t say that he’s not a man of his word. Radio host Ben Maller has a blog entry up today about how Bass ended up giving him a pair of sneakers:
“I started to throw some trash talk back at Bass and his shoes, telling him when he’s done with the NBA he can work at Foot Locker.While pointing out I’m a man of the people who walks the mean streets of Los Angeles to get to games, Bass, out of the blue, said he’d give me his shoes after they played the Clippers.”
It took Bass a little while, but eventually Mailer got a package in the mail containing the sneakers. As trade rumors continue to swirl, it’s nice to see that at least one transaction got successfully completed.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld