Feb 15, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Brandon Bass has been somewhat of a disappointment in Orlando. In his first year with the team, the 24-year old forward is averaging only 13 minutes per game, and he has easily the worst +/- rating on the Magic. However, he hasn’t let his play have an impact on his sense of humor.
Say what you will about Bass’ defense this season, but don’t say that he’s not a man of his word. Radio host Ben Maller has a blog entry up today about how Bass ended up giving him a pair of sneakers:
“I started to throw some trash talk back at Bass and his shoes, telling him when he’s done with the NBA he can work at Foot Locker.While pointing out I’m a man of the people who walks the mean streets of Los Angeles to get to games, Bass, out of the blue, said he’d give me his shoes after they played the Clippers.”
It took Bass a little while, but eventually Mailer got a package in the mail containing the sneakers. As trade rumors continue to swirl, it’s nice to see that at least one transaction got successfully completed.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld