Feb 15, 2010, 7:36 PM EST
Brandon Bass has been somewhat of a disappointment in Orlando. In his first year with the team, the 24-year old forward is averaging only 13 minutes per game, and he has easily the worst +/- rating on the Magic. However, he hasn’t let his play have an impact on his sense of humor.
Say what you will about Bass’ defense this season, but don’t say that he’s not a man of his word. Radio host Ben Maller has a blog entry up today about how Bass ended up giving him a pair of sneakers:
“I started to throw some trash talk back at Bass and his shoes, telling him when he’s done with the NBA he can work at Foot Locker.While pointing out I’m a man of the people who walks the mean streets of Los Angeles to get to games, Bass, out of the blue, said he’d give me his shoes after they played the Clippers.”
It took Bass a little while, but eventually Mailer got a package in the mail containing the sneakers. As trade rumors continue to swirl, it’s nice to see that at least one transaction got successfully completed.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld