Feb 15, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
According to the twitter of trade rumor guru Adrian Wojnarowski, the Blazers have offered the Clippers a package of Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw for Clippers center Marcus Camby.
All contracts involved would be expiring, although the Clippers could receive some cash considerations in the deal. The Blazers are still trying to get a center who would replace the injured Greg Oden and Joel Pryzbilla. In fact, the Blazers reportedly offered the same Blake/Outlaw package to the Wizards for center Brendan Haywood before he was traded to the Mavericks.
The Clippers are attempting to get the Blazers to swallow Sebastian Telfair’s deal in exchange for Camby’s services. Telfair has a 2.7 million dollar player option next year that he will likely exercise. The one-time high school sensation was once a Portland lottery pick. After Telfair’s rookie season, the Blazers were pleased enough with his development that they felt comfortable trading down in the draft instead of getting Chris Paul. Telfair has always been quick and a talented passer in the open floor, but has never been able to play defense or score effectively at the NBA level.
If the Clippers are unable to entice Portland to eat Telfair’s contract, this deal would be all about getting some good will around the league and increasing their chances in the upcoming lottery. Camby has continued to play well this season, even as the Clippers have imploded around him.
The Blazers have managed to stay in the playoff hunt even with all their injuries. If they can complete this trade, they could pose a serious threat to any team that faces them in the first round.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld