Feb 15, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
According to the twitter of trade rumor guru Adrian Wojnarowski, the Blazers have offered the Clippers a package of Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw for Clippers center Marcus Camby.
All contracts involved would be expiring, although the Clippers could receive some cash considerations in the deal. The Blazers are still trying to get a center who would replace the injured Greg Oden and Joel Pryzbilla. In fact, the Blazers reportedly offered the same Blake/Outlaw package to the Wizards for center Brendan Haywood before he was traded to the Mavericks.
The Clippers are attempting to get the Blazers to swallow Sebastian Telfair’s deal in exchange for Camby’s services. Telfair has a 2.7 million dollar player option next year that he will likely exercise. The one-time high school sensation was once a Portland lottery pick. After Telfair’s rookie season, the Blazers were pleased enough with his development that they felt comfortable trading down in the draft instead of getting Chris Paul. Telfair has always been quick and a talented passer in the open floor, but has never been able to play defense or score effectively at the NBA level.
If the Clippers are unable to entice Portland to eat Telfair’s contract, this deal would be all about getting some good will around the league and increasing their chances in the upcoming lottery. Camby has continued to play well this season, even as the Clippers have imploded around him.
The Blazers have managed to stay in the playoff hunt even with all their injuries. If they can complete this trade, they could pose a serious threat to any team that faces them in the first round.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld