Feb 14, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
If incoming Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov wants to make a big splash with his first coaching hire, he’s not going to do it with Duke and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski.
In fact, coach K thinks the whole thing is pretty funny.
“The guy is Russian. You think he’d hire a Polish guy?” Krzyzewski said Saturday, blowing up the speculation with humor. “No one has contacted me. If they do, saying ‘Nyet’ would be easy to say.”
Let’s think about this: On one side there is coaching at Duke, where he has been for three decades, built a team consistently in the nation’s elite and at a place he is treated like a god, then on the side he can coach the best in the world for Team USA.
Or he can coach the 4-48 Nets.
Yea, real tough call.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 27
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25