Feb 14, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
If incoming Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov wants to make a big splash with his first coaching hire, he’s not going to do it with Duke and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski.
In fact, coach K thinks the whole thing is pretty funny.
“The guy is Russian. You think he’d hire a Polish guy?” Krzyzewski said Saturday, blowing up the speculation with humor. “No one has contacted me. If they do, saying ‘Nyet’ would be easy to say.”
Let’s think about this: On one side there is coaching at Duke, where he has been for three decades, built a team consistently in the nation’s elite and at a place he is treated like a god, then on the side he can coach the best in the world for Team USA.
Or he can coach the 4-48 Nets.
Yea, real tough call.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'