Feb 14, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
If incoming Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov wants to make a big splash with his first coaching hire, he’s not going to do it with Duke and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski.
In fact, coach K thinks the whole thing is pretty funny.
“The guy is Russian. You think he’d hire a Polish guy?” Krzyzewski said Saturday, blowing up the speculation with humor. “No one has contacted me. If they do, saying ‘Nyet’ would be easy to say.”
Let’s think about this: On one side there is coaching at Duke, where he has been for three decades, built a team consistently in the nation’s elite and at a place he is treated like a god, then on the side he can coach the best in the world for Team USA.
Or he can coach the 4-48 Nets.
Yea, real tough call.
- Warriors keep coming back, just not far enough, fall to Clippers in Game 3 0
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 16
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 24
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 52