Feb 14, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
If incoming Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov wants to make a big splash with his first coaching hire, he’s not going to do it with Duke and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski.
In fact, coach K thinks the whole thing is pretty funny.
“The guy is Russian. You think he’d hire a Polish guy?” Krzyzewski said Saturday, blowing up the speculation with humor. “No one has contacted me. If they do, saying ‘Nyet’ would be easy to say.”
Let’s think about this: On one side there is coaching at Duke, where he has been for three decades, built a team consistently in the nation’s elite and at a place he is treated like a god, then on the side he can coach the best in the world for Team USA.
Or he can coach the 4-48 Nets.
Yea, real tough call.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 0
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32