Feb 14, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
If incoming Nets owner and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov wants to make a big splash with his first coaching hire, he’s not going to do it with Duke and Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski.
In fact, coach K thinks the whole thing is pretty funny.
“The guy is Russian. You think he’d hire a Polish guy?” Krzyzewski said Saturday, blowing up the speculation with humor. “No one has contacted me. If they do, saying ‘Nyet’ would be easy to say.”
Let’s think about this: On one side there is coaching at Duke, where he has been for three decades, built a team consistently in the nation’s elite and at a place he is treated like a god, then on the side he can coach the best in the world for Team USA.
Or he can coach the 4-48 Nets.
Yea, real tough call.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11