Feb 13, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
The day after his 40-point performance in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge, Thunder guard Russell Westbrook was named a participant in the Skills Challenge.
Westbrook will replace Derrick Rose, who will miss the contest with a bruised right hip. Westbrook is blindingly fast, and could have an excellent shot at winning the competition.
The problem for Westbrook might be that pesky jumper from the top of the key; Westbrook has only made 10 of his 33 shots from that area this season, according to NBA Hotspots. Incredibly, his 30% mark from the top of the circle isn’t the worst one in the skills competition, as Brandon Jennings is only shooting 27% from that area. Steve Nash shoots 63% from the top of the circle in games, and his mastery of that shot may allow him to squeak out a win despite his disadvantage in speed.
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 18
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld