Feb 13, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
The day after his 40-point performance in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge, Thunder guard Russell Westbrook was named a participant in the Skills Challenge.
Westbrook will replace Derrick Rose, who will miss the contest with a bruised right hip. Westbrook is blindingly fast, and could have an excellent shot at winning the competition.
The problem for Westbrook might be that pesky jumper from the top of the key; Westbrook has only made 10 of his 33 shots from that area this season, according to NBA Hotspots. Incredibly, his 30% mark from the top of the circle isn’t the worst one in the skills competition, as Brandon Jennings is only shooting 27% from that area. Steve Nash shoots 63% from the top of the circle in games, and his mastery of that shot may allow him to squeak out a win despite his disadvantage in speed.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld