Feb 13, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
The day after his 40-point performance in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge, Thunder guard Russell Westbrook was named a participant in the Skills Challenge.
Westbrook will replace Derrick Rose, who will miss the contest with a bruised right hip. Westbrook is blindingly fast, and could have an excellent shot at winning the competition.
The problem for Westbrook might be that pesky jumper from the top of the key; Westbrook has only made 10 of his 33 shots from that area this season, according to NBA Hotspots. Incredibly, his 30% mark from the top of the circle isn’t the worst one in the skills competition, as Brandon Jennings is only shooting 27% from that area. Steve Nash shoots 63% from the top of the circle in games, and his mastery of that shot may allow him to squeak out a win despite his disadvantage in speed.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 16
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 3
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 55
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld