Feb 13, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
The day after his 40-point performance in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge, Thunder guard Russell Westbrook was named a participant in the Skills Challenge.
Westbrook will replace Derrick Rose, who will miss the contest with a bruised right hip. Westbrook is blindingly fast, and could have an excellent shot at winning the competition.
The problem for Westbrook might be that pesky jumper from the top of the key; Westbrook has only made 10 of his 33 shots from that area this season, according to NBA Hotspots. Incredibly, his 30% mark from the top of the circle isn’t the worst one in the skills competition, as Brandon Jennings is only shooting 27% from that area. Steve Nash shoots 63% from the top of the circle in games, and his mastery of that shot may allow him to squeak out a win despite his disadvantage in speed.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld