Feb 13, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
The day after his 40-point performance in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge, Thunder guard Russell Westbrook was named a participant in the Skills Challenge.
Westbrook will replace Derrick Rose, who will miss the contest with a bruised right hip. Westbrook is blindingly fast, and could have an excellent shot at winning the competition.
The problem for Westbrook might be that pesky jumper from the top of the key; Westbrook has only made 10 of his 33 shots from that area this season, according to NBA Hotspots. Incredibly, his 30% mark from the top of the circle isn’t the worst one in the skills competition, as Brandon Jennings is only shooting 27% from that area. Steve Nash shoots 63% from the top of the circle in games, and his mastery of that shot may allow him to squeak out a win despite his disadvantage in speed.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld