Feb 12, 2010, 8:28 PM EDT
Biedrins is still only 24 years old, and is a tremendous athlete, shot-blocker, and rebounder. He has an extremely limited skill-set offensively, but converts the opportunities he gets, and has always had a great field goal percentage.
He has missed significant time due to injury this season, and his minutes, scoring, and rebounding have all dropped from last season. The Warriors apparently don’t see him as a part of their future, and are looking for someone to take his contract off their hands. The Warriors have plenty of young talent on their squad, and are still searching for some way to turn that talent into a winning team. Some cap room could be a nice start, but the Warriors may need to go back to the drawing board and make some drastic changes on every level if they want to bring the playoffs back to the Oracle Arena.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 51
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 31