Feb 12, 2010, 8:28 PM EDT
Biedrins is still only 24 years old, and is a tremendous athlete, shot-blocker, and rebounder. He has an extremely limited skill-set offensively, but converts the opportunities he gets, and has always had a great field goal percentage.
He has missed significant time due to injury this season, and his minutes, scoring, and rebounding have all dropped from last season. The Warriors apparently don’t see him as a part of their future, and are looking for someone to take his contract off their hands. The Warriors have plenty of young talent on their squad, and are still searching for some way to turn that talent into a winning team. Some cap room could be a nice start, but the Warriors may need to go back to the drawing board and make some drastic changes on every level if they want to bring the playoffs back to the Oracle Arena.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10