Feb 12, 2010, 8:28 PM EST
Biedrins is still only 24 years old, and is a tremendous athlete, shot-blocker, and rebounder. He has an extremely limited skill-set offensively, but converts the opportunities he gets, and has always had a great field goal percentage.
He has missed significant time due to injury this season, and his minutes, scoring, and rebounding have all dropped from last season. The Warriors apparently don’t see him as a part of their future, and are looking for someone to take his contract off their hands. The Warriors have plenty of young talent on their squad, and are still searching for some way to turn that talent into a winning team. Some cap room could be a nice start, but the Warriors may need to go back to the drawing board and make some drastic changes on every level if they want to bring the playoffs back to the Oracle Arena.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)