Feb 12, 2010, 2:27 PM EDT
Everything is good now between Rajon Rondo and USA Basketball, it was all just a Three’s Company episode.
“There may have been a little miscommunication on that one,” (USA Basketball big cheese Jerry) Colangelo said. “The last go around he was unable to accept an invitation because he was going to be involved in Kendrick Perkins’ wedding.
“I was advised that he would not have interest but that may have been misinformation. But he’s a young player and there will be an opportunity in the future and we have a fluid roster to begin with. I’ve made that pretty clear. So we will revisit that. The door’s not closed.”
So the problem was The Ropers saw Rondo at the wedding — can’t be Jack’s wedding — and passed the information along to Colangelo but it wasn’t all the information, so Chrissy had to sort the whole thing out in her ditzy way.
Really? This is what USA Basketball has come to? We can do better here, folks.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 1
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile