Feb 12, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
The rich are about get richer.
Leon Powe, the athletic 6’8″ forward, has passed some key running and stress tests and may start practicing with the Cleveland Cavaliers soon. No return date has been set yet by the team.
Powe had missed all of this season following some major surgery — anterior cruciate ligament replacement and microfracture surgery. Even when he does return, he will not be 100% from the start.
Still, Powe would be a nice addition for the Cavs heading into the playoffs — he was part of the 2008 Celtics title team. Powe provided that team with some energy off the bench, scoring five points per game in the playoffs. On a team that has yet to win it all, having a guy like Powe (and Shaquille O’Neal) who has been down the road is a plus in the locker room.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25