Feb 12, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
The rich are about get richer.
Leon Powe, the athletic 6’8″ forward, has passed some key running and stress tests and may start practicing with the Cleveland Cavaliers soon. No return date has been set yet by the team.
Powe had missed all of this season following some major surgery — anterior cruciate ligament replacement and microfracture surgery. Even when he does return, he will not be 100% from the start.
Still, Powe would be a nice addition for the Cavs heading into the playoffs — he was part of the 2008 Celtics title team. Powe provided that team with some energy off the bench, scoring five points per game in the playoffs. On a team that has yet to win it all, having a guy like Powe (and Shaquille O’Neal) who has been down the road is a plus in the locker room.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49