Feb 12, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
The rich are about get richer.
Leon Powe, the athletic 6’8″ forward, has passed some key running and stress tests and may start practicing with the Cleveland Cavaliers soon. No return date has been set yet by the team.
Powe had missed all of this season following some major surgery — anterior cruciate ligament replacement and microfracture surgery. Even when he does return, he will not be 100% from the start.
Still, Powe would be a nice addition for the Cavs heading into the playoffs — he was part of the 2008 Celtics title team. Powe provided that team with some energy off the bench, scoring five points per game in the playoffs. On a team that has yet to win it all, having a guy like Powe (and Shaquille O’Neal) who has been down the road is a plus in the locker room.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 30
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8