Feb 12, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
The rich are about get richer.
Leon Powe, the athletic 6’8″ forward, has passed some key running and stress tests and may start practicing with the Cleveland Cavaliers soon. No return date has been set yet by the team.
Powe had missed all of this season following some major surgery — anterior cruciate ligament replacement and microfracture surgery. Even when he does return, he will not be 100% from the start.
Still, Powe would be a nice addition for the Cavs heading into the playoffs — he was part of the 2008 Celtics title team. Powe provided that team with some energy off the bench, scoring five points per game in the playoffs. On a team that has yet to win it all, having a guy like Powe (and Shaquille O’Neal) who has been down the road is a plus in the locker room.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 11
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 23
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23