Feb 12, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
If you’ve watched the Warriors, you know this: Anthony Morrow doesn’t miss open threes. It doesn’t happen. An undrafted rookie, Morrow made the Warriors after hitting 17 of his 23 (74%!) attempts during his first summer-league stint. He’s barely slowed down after that, leading the league in three-point percentage his rookie season and making 45% of his threes this year. Morrow has one of the most perfect shooting strokes in basketball, and when he gets space the result is often a clean swish.
Because of Morrow’s lack of attempts from beyond the arc, he was not invited to the three-point contest, with teammate Stephen Curry attending instead. Morrow still might put on a show, though. Morrow will be a participant in the Rookie-Sophomore challenge, a contest not known for featuring much defensive intensity. Past highlights of the game include an off-the-elbow pass, Jason Richardson bouncing the ball of Carlos Boozer’s head, and Daniel Gibson making 11 of his 20 three-point attempts in 21 minutes of play. If Morrow is as determined to launch as Gibson was, the three-point record could easily fall tonight.
One more thing: on his twitter, Morrow has promised a lefty three. Something to watch out for among all the big dunks and flashy passes that comprise the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34