Feb 12, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
If you’ve watched the Warriors, you know this: Anthony Morrow doesn’t miss open threes. It doesn’t happen. An undrafted rookie, Morrow made the Warriors after hitting 17 of his 23 (74%!) attempts during his first summer-league stint. He’s barely slowed down after that, leading the league in three-point percentage his rookie season and making 45% of his threes this year. Morrow has one of the most perfect shooting strokes in basketball, and when he gets space the result is often a clean swish.
Because of Morrow’s lack of attempts from beyond the arc, he was not invited to the three-point contest, with teammate Stephen Curry attending instead. Morrow still might put on a show, though. Morrow will be a participant in the Rookie-Sophomore challenge, a contest not known for featuring much defensive intensity. Past highlights of the game include an off-the-elbow pass, Jason Richardson bouncing the ball of Carlos Boozer’s head, and Daniel Gibson making 11 of his 20 three-point attempts in 21 minutes of play. If Morrow is as determined to launch as Gibson was, the three-point record could easily fall tonight.
One more thing: on his twitter, Morrow has promised a lefty three. Something to watch out for among all the big dunks and flashy passes that comprise the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs can clinch title vs. Heat in Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'