Kobe and Iverson out, Kidd and Lee in for All-Star Game

Feb 11, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT

nba_bryant1.jpgKobe Bryant’s sprained ankle, which has kept him out of the last three Lakers games, will keep him out of the All-Star Game Sunday in Dallas. ESPN’s Marc Stein (based out of Dallas) broke the news on Twitter then followed it up with a story.

Likewise, the personal family matter (a sick daughter) that has kept Allen Iverson out of the last five Philadelphia games will have him sitting out the All-Star festivities as well.

Replacing Kobe will be hometown favorite Jason Kidd for the West — he will be making his 10th All-Star appearance and this season is averaging 9.3 points and 9.3 assists per game, plus has become a good three-point shooter (41%) in Big D.

In the East, New York’s David Lee will get to be in his first All-Star game — a spot he earned scoring 20 points and pulling down 11 rebounds a game this season, with 30 double-doubles. Although, Atlanta’s Josh Smith — 14 points a game on a top team, plus a superior defender — would have been the better choice.

Still, that is two fan-voted starters out of action on Sunday — Kobe was the highest vote getter in the West. He has been out since Lamar Odom stepped on his foot in a win over Charlotte. As a side note, the Lakers and Sixers are a combined 8-0 with those two out of the lineup.

1. Anonymous - Feb 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Randall..Go to bed early, tomorrow I will buy you a happy meal.

2. HROB - Feb 11, 2010 at 10:04 PM

The article is correct! You might want to read it again.

3. lakers24 - Feb 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM

ur an idiot kurt

4. Who___gives___a - Feb 11, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Again, this guy is still considered News?? If not a rapist

5. Anonymous - Feb 11, 2010 at 10:59 PM

yOU SOUND ANGRY… DO YOU NEED A HUG

6. Kobe Can RAPE ME! - Feb 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I LOVE Kobe! And you can’t rape the willing. KOBE: Let a REAL woman fulfill what wifey can’t ;-) Tah-Tah…

7. Anonymous - Feb 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM

proof read your own work genius.

8. Asif - Feb 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM

The PR rating will go wayyyyyy down…nobody wants to see lbj winning the all star mvp without a competition…:(:(..sad day for the fans and the NBA…no love for AI though…he really didnt deserve to start…as for kidd??? all i can say is thank u mark cuban…

9. DCLAKERFAN - Feb 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM

GET A LIFE MOVE TO IRAN WITH YOUR PAL WHO GIVES A AND STOP HATING!!!

10. DCLAKERFAN - Feb 12, 2010 at 1:18 PM

SORRY DUDE BUT I WOULDNT WASTE A PENNY FOUND ON A STREET CORNER FOR THESE IGNORANT JACKA** WHOSE MORALS’ ACTUALLY COME OUT OF TOILET.

11. ursher baby - Feb 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM

um it does say it WILL keep him out of the all star game please read it again or go back to school… one or the other wud be fine with me… ppl love to comment on stuff but dnt know what the f*** they be talkin about jeesh!

12. DCLAKERFAN - Feb 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I KNOW I SHOULD NOT BE FEEDING INTO THIS BUT I FEEL A NEED TO ADDRESS THIS. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT SUCH IGNORANCE IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL BUT AS SHOWN BY WHO GIVES A, RANDALL SPENCER AND YOUNG VOTER IT SHOWS IT’S UGLY HEAD. IF YOU BELIEVE WHAT IS READ IN THE PAPERS YOU MUST ALSO BELIEVE IN THE EASTER BUNNY, THE TOOTHFERRY AND
    PAUXATAUNNY PHIL. YOUR COMMENTS REEKS OF RACISM BECAUSE I DO NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT JASON KIDDS AND CHARLIE SHEENS SPOUSAL ABUSE(BOTH ARE WHITE) BUT WHEN AN BLACK MAN IS ACCUSED PEOPLE LIKE THESE EGGHEADS ARE ALL OVER IT. I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THESE GUYS AND I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS BUT SOME SHOULD BE KEPT BETWEEN THEIR LIPS AND THEIR A**. COMMENTS LIKE THESE SHOW A VERY POOR UPBRINGING BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.

13. Anonymous - Feb 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Kobe needs rest for 5th championship.

14. butt massages - Feb 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Another great pageThanks for the information.

15. sT - Feb 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I am very, very happy that Kobe is taking a must needed break from the sport of Basketball at the moment, the Lakers need him ready for the 2nd season, which is the Playoffs and his 5th ring after that.

16. little suzie - Feb 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM

If this is the frontpage of our school newspaper, it would have headlined, The rapist is now injured, cannot make it to the basketball All-Stars.

17. Charley Vukich - Feb 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Well, what a very informative article. You clearly know what you are talking about! I read it with great interest and look forward to your next article. I have used your rss feed to stay up to speed on any more updates. Your site is so easy to navigate too, I’ve added it to my favourites also. :) Thanks – elottery

18. Martin - Feb 21, 2010 at 7:15 AM

The Blog’s great. Love what you’re doing with it.

19. watch shutter island online - Feb 21, 2010 at 1:41 PM

For some reason only 50 percent of the post is actually being displayed, is it my personal browser or perhaps the web page?

20. get pregnant fast - Feb 21, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader?

21. he says - Feb 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM

MMMMMM — sorry for the curt response but, that’s it! MMM!

22. Latanya Meshew - Mar 6, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Thanks for the post, your website is excellent! My grandparents and I regularly meet up for Easter and have a lovely time. This definitely made me smile!

23. Jim - Apr 20, 2010 at 5:05 AM

This web is professional.I have bought a pair of nike blazer shoes from a worldwide Kobe 5 shopping website. Happy to share it with you sincerly.

24. dawe - May 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

If you want to buy the Nike free 5.0 shoes,especially the Nike Free 5.0 V4 shoes,combining comfort and support Soft foam inserts under the forefoot and heel shoes.

25. NORRISOllie - May 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM

If you want to buy real estate, you would have to receive the mortgage loans. Furthermore, my sister usually uses a commercial loan, which occurs to be really firm.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches