Feb 11, 2010, 1:54 PM EDT
The Knicks have plenty of guards on the roster, but none of them can get the job done. Chris Duhon is shooting 35.2% on the season. Nate Robinson dropped an F-bomb on his coach during the game. Toney Douglas is a rookie. Larry Hughes is shooting 36%, and he’s Larry Hughes.
Luke Ridnour would be an upgrade. And according to Alan Hahn of Newsday, the Knicks are very interested.
Ridnour has had a good year in Milwaukee, something going unnoticed in the Brandon Jennings hype. Ridnour is averaging 11 points a game on 48% shooting (most of those shots from 16 feet and out), and is hitting 40% from three. He is averaging nearly three assists to every turnover.
He’s not only an on-the-court upgrade in NYC, he fits the long-term plans for the Kicks to save cap space — he is an expiring deal. He is owed the remainder of his $6.5 million this year, then is a free agent.
This might be a smart pickup for the Knicks, but what is on the New York roster the Bucks would want? Jared Jeffries is owed $6.8 million next year if he picks up his player option, meaning the Bucks are taking on salary long term. Duhon? Why? The Knicks are going to have to throw in a young player or a pick to make this make sense in Milwaukee. And those are things the rebuilding Knicks are loathe to give up.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record