Feb 11, 2010, 12:38 PM EST
He may have missed the last five Sixers games, but Iverson looks like a go for Sunday’s All-Star Game in Dallas.
Although he has missed the 76ers’ last five games, Allen Iverson is expected to start in Sunday’s All-Star Game, according to a source close to the 34-year-old guard…
The source also indicated that Iverson would address the media tomorrow in Dallas, the host city of the All-Star Game, and that Iverson intends to return to the Sixers after the all-star break, when they host the Miami Heat on Tuesday.
Iverson has a sick child and has been missing games to take care of her, with the team’s blessing.
The fans wanted to see him and voted Iverson as a starter in the East — I don’t get it, but people love Dancing With The Stars and I don’t get that either. For that reason, it’s good he plays. And it’s always been entertaining to watch AI play, even if you questioned whether his style made him a good teammate or not. Or if you wanted him on your team or not.
Iverson should play, and have a good time. He’s got some things to deal with upon his return to the team.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 5
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 23
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17