Feb 11, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
He may have missed the last five Sixers games, but Iverson looks like a go for Sunday’s All-Star Game in Dallas.
Although he has missed the 76ers’ last five games, Allen Iverson is expected to start in Sunday’s All-Star Game, according to a source close to the 34-year-old guard…
The source also indicated that Iverson would address the media tomorrow in Dallas, the host city of the All-Star Game, and that Iverson intends to return to the Sixers after the all-star break, when they host the Miami Heat on Tuesday.
Iverson has a sick child and has been missing games to take care of her, with the team’s blessing.
The fans wanted to see him and voted Iverson as a starter in the East — I don’t get it, but people love Dancing With The Stars and I don’t get that either. For that reason, it’s good he plays. And it’s always been entertaining to watch AI play, even if you questioned whether his style made him a good teammate or not. Or if you wanted him on your team or not.
Iverson should play, and have a good time. He’s got some things to deal with upon his return to the team.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14