Feb 11, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
He may have missed the last five Sixers games, but Iverson looks like a go for Sunday’s All-Star Game in Dallas.
Although he has missed the 76ers’ last five games, Allen Iverson is expected to start in Sunday’s All-Star Game, according to a source close to the 34-year-old guard…
The source also indicated that Iverson would address the media tomorrow in Dallas, the host city of the All-Star Game, and that Iverson intends to return to the Sixers after the all-star break, when they host the Miami Heat on Tuesday.
Iverson has a sick child and has been missing games to take care of her, with the team’s blessing.
The fans wanted to see him and voted Iverson as a starter in the East — I don’t get it, but people love Dancing With The Stars and I don’t get that either. For that reason, it’s good he plays. And it’s always been entertaining to watch AI play, even if you questioned whether his style made him a good teammate or not. Or if you wanted him on your team or not.
Iverson should play, and have a good time. He’s got some things to deal with upon his return to the team.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16