Feb 10, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
The gods are clearly not happy with the Washington Wizards, who have finished what was supposed to be a brief road trip but still cannot get home.
After losing in New York a night later, the Wizards traveled to Orlando and upset the Magic on Friday night. They were supposed to fly home right after the game and face Atlanta on Saturday, but the airports in Washington were closed.
The Hawks game was eventually postponed and the Wizards decided to stay in Orlando. Players ended up going to the mall to buy extra clothes and the team stayed there until its flight to Charlotte on Monday…
Now they’re about to make Charlotte home for at least an extra night. But at least the latest storm won’t affect any games.
Apparently Caron Butler and crew did not read the Odyssey, angered Poseidon and now have to visit a Cyclops island and experience a host of other adventures before returning home today. Hopefully today.
And hopefully their return home goes better than it did for Odysseus. The Wizards have enough problems.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32