Feb 10, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
The gods are clearly not happy with the Washington Wizards, who have finished what was supposed to be a brief road trip but still cannot get home.
After losing in New York a night later, the Wizards traveled to Orlando and upset the Magic on Friday night. They were supposed to fly home right after the game and face Atlanta on Saturday, but the airports in Washington were closed.
The Hawks game was eventually postponed and the Wizards decided to stay in Orlando. Players ended up going to the mall to buy extra clothes and the team stayed there until its flight to Charlotte on Monday…
Now they’re about to make Charlotte home for at least an extra night. But at least the latest storm won’t affect any games.
Apparently Caron Butler and crew did not read the Odyssey, angered Poseidon and now have to visit a Cyclops island and experience a host of other adventures before returning home today. Hopefully today.
And hopefully their return home goes better than it did for Odysseus. The Wizards have enough problems.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40