Feb 10, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
The gods are clearly not happy with the Washington Wizards, who have finished what was supposed to be a brief road trip but still cannot get home.
After losing in New York a night later, the Wizards traveled to Orlando and upset the Magic on Friday night. They were supposed to fly home right after the game and face Atlanta on Saturday, but the airports in Washington were closed.
The Hawks game was eventually postponed and the Wizards decided to stay in Orlando. Players ended up going to the mall to buy extra clothes and the team stayed there until its flight to Charlotte on Monday…
Now they’re about to make Charlotte home for at least an extra night. But at least the latest storm won’t affect any games.
Apparently Caron Butler and crew did not read the Odyssey, angered Poseidon and now have to visit a Cyclops island and experience a host of other adventures before returning home today. Hopefully today.
And hopefully their return home goes better than it did for Odysseus. The Wizards have enough problems.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 5
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 25
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 19
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)