Feb 10, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Everyone not named Shannon Brown or DeMar DeRozan was disappointed to find out LeBron James was not participating in the dunk contest this year. Isn’t that what we want — the best dunkers dunking it out?
“There’s an internal debate going on here. My answer is no. Everyone says ‘what are you crazy? What about the ratings?’ I love to give everybody a chance to shine. No matter who’s in it, come Saturday night at the final round, that will be our highest rating. This gives us an opportunity to demonstrate the athleticism of our players and let in a couple of guys who might not otherwise make it. I have no special belief that having the stars in will be great for it. It may actually set up people for disappointment.”
I honestly have no idea if Stern really means it, that man could sell popsicles to penguins. He is a master of spin. Obama needs him as a press secretary (no way Stern takes that pay cut, however).
And his point has some merit. But man, we are talking LeBron versus Durant in the dunk off finals. LetShannonDunk is awesome, but I’m still not picking him over LeBron. No fan is.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4