Feb 10, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Everyone not named Shannon Brown or DeMar DeRozan was disappointed to find out LeBron James was not participating in the dunk contest this year. Isn’t that what we want — the best dunkers dunking it out?
“There’s an internal debate going on here. My answer is no. Everyone says ‘what are you crazy? What about the ratings?’ I love to give everybody a chance to shine. No matter who’s in it, come Saturday night at the final round, that will be our highest rating. This gives us an opportunity to demonstrate the athleticism of our players and let in a couple of guys who might not otherwise make it. I have no special belief that having the stars in will be great for it. It may actually set up people for disappointment.”
I honestly have no idea if Stern really means it, that man could sell popsicles to penguins. He is a master of spin. Obama needs him as a press secretary (no way Stern takes that pay cut, however).
And his point has some merit. But man, we are talking LeBron versus Durant in the dunk off finals. LetShannonDunk is awesome, but I’m still not picking him over LeBron. No fan is.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48