Feb 10, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
Everyone not named Shannon Brown or DeMar DeRozan was disappointed to find out LeBron James was not participating in the dunk contest this year. Isn’t that what we want — the best dunkers dunking it out?
“There’s an internal debate going on here. My answer is no. Everyone says ‘what are you crazy? What about the ratings?’ I love to give everybody a chance to shine. No matter who’s in it, come Saturday night at the final round, that will be our highest rating. This gives us an opportunity to demonstrate the athleticism of our players and let in a couple of guys who might not otherwise make it. I have no special belief that having the stars in will be great for it. It may actually set up people for disappointment.”
I honestly have no idea if Stern really means it, that man could sell popsicles to penguins. He is a master of spin. Obama needs him as a press secretary (no way Stern takes that pay cut, however).
And his point has some merit. But man, we are talking LeBron versus Durant in the dunk off finals. LetShannonDunk is awesome, but I’m still not picking him over LeBron. No fan is.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14