Feb 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
Paging Mike Rowe….
The New Jersey Nets have a new contest where the “grand prize” is the chance to coach the Nets for a day. Despite the rumors, second prize is not a swift kick to the nuts.
The “lucky” winner (you can sign up right here) gets “brisked [sic] off to New Jersey to spend the day with the Nets. You’ll get to hang out at the team’s practice facility during the day, get full VIP access at the arena during that night’s game and get the chance to rub elbows with Head Coach Kiki Vandeweghe!”
If you bother to read the fine print, you’ll see that you have no real power, no say so over lineups or plays to call or rotations, you just get to hang around at shoot around and after the game. So, essentially you are Vandeweghe for a day.
Got to say this: The Nets marketing staff is trying. Before the season you could buy a six-pack of tickets to big games and get a reversible jersey that included the star from the other team (Kobe, D-Wade, Howard). They are papering the house with tickets.
Now this — the chance to have the worst job in New Jersey for a day. And that’s saying something.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 2
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 12
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14