Feb 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
Paging Mike Rowe….
The New Jersey Nets have a new contest where the “grand prize” is the chance to coach the Nets for a day. Despite the rumors, second prize is not a swift kick to the nuts.
The “lucky” winner (you can sign up right here) gets “brisked [sic] off to New Jersey to spend the day with the Nets. You’ll get to hang out at the team’s practice facility during the day, get full VIP access at the arena during that night’s game and get the chance to rub elbows with Head Coach Kiki Vandeweghe!”
If you bother to read the fine print, you’ll see that you have no real power, no say so over lineups or plays to call or rotations, you just get to hang around at shoot around and after the game. So, essentially you are Vandeweghe for a day.
Got to say this: The Nets marketing staff is trying. Before the season you could buy a six-pack of tickets to big games and get a reversible jersey that included the star from the other team (Kobe, D-Wade, Howard). They are papering the house with tickets.
Now this — the chance to have the worst job in New Jersey for a day. And that’s saying something.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6