Feb 10, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
With Nene, Kenyon Martin, Birdman Anderson, and Carmelo Anthony, along with some bench guys in a pinch, you’d think the Nuggets, sitting in the 2nd seed would be feeling pretty good about their team and in particular their frontcourt. And you would be wrong for thinking so.
The Denver Post reports that Denver is considering a trade for a big to contend with the Lakers’ unbelievable length. Two specific targets mentioned are Tyrus Thomas of the Bulls and Marcus Camby of the Clippers. George Karl said that the roster may be good enough to get the Nuggets where they want to go as long as they stay healthy. The problem with that thinking is that with a week before the trade deadline, the Nuggets are forced to try and forsee that injury before it occurs. Which is difficult unless you’re on some sort of chemical Birdman used to frequent.
Camby fits with that roster, and would probably welcome a trip back to Denver. Thomas, on the other hand, is known as a headcase. So on the one hand you’ve got old and expensive versus young and brash. All this for a team with veteran leadership, an MVP candidate, two All-Stars, and the second seed in a tough Western Conference. Beggars can’t be choosers, but apparently kings can.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?