Feb 10, 2010, 3:25 PM EDT
Update 3:17 pm Phil Jackson said at shoot around that while Kobe Bryant remains a game-time decision, he is pessimistic about him playing tonight. Odom remains a go.
12:49 pm The Lakers are among the teams — I think there are 29 others — that could use the All-Star break right about now. Fifty games or so into the season, every body could use a few days off.
The Lakers face a hot Utah team on the road tonight, last game before the break, and for the second straight game they will be without Andrew Bynum, whose bruised hip is still a pain. So to speak.
Lamar Odom had an MRI of his foot yesterday because, well it hurt. They found nothing and he is expected to play tonight. On Lakers message boards this is somehow Khloe Kardashian’s fault.
Kobe Bryant will decide if Kobe can play tonight, he’s a game time decision. Lakers trainer Gary Vitti and coach Phil Jackson can offer advice, but Kobe will decide what is best for Kobe.
That’s not a bad thing by the way — Kobe gets it. He knows its about June not February. He knows what his body can do and how it feels better than anyone, and he pays more attention to it than most athletes. He had to remind people the other night “I’m not an idiot,” and he does tend to make his decisions based on the long term. And how he feels he can help that.
Look for an update on his status when it comes down.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16