Feb 9, 2010, 10:12 AM EST
Coby Karl got what every D-Leaguer wants — a call up to the NBA and a real shot.
Now he’s headed back down. The Warriors have decided not to pick up another 10-day contract for Karl, he has gone the way of Speedy Claxton in the Bay Area.
There were moments you thought he would stick. He got 38 minutes of run against Houston (after Corry Maggette went down) and had 13 points, seven assists and pulled down seven rebounds. He got a start against Oklahoma City and was matched up on Kevin Durant and didn’t embarrass himself.
There’s something about Karl people like — he turned a few heads with his play at Summer League and there were just a lot of NBA people wanting him to pull it off. He’s the smart player without all the athleticism that the rest of us non-athletes want to see make it. But at the end of the day, he was 11 of 32 from the floor, 34.4%, while up in the NBA, and that’s not going to get it done. Not even for Don Nelson. So Karl is back to Idaho of the D-League (where he averaged 27.2 points and 7.8 rebounds in his last five games).
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7