Feb 9, 2010, 8:17 PM EDT
Among the things to now add to those NBA rookie introduction classes is “don’t take nude pictures of yourself with your cell phone then ship them to women you are trying to impress.” Yes, you would think that would be common sense, but…
The San Antonio Spurs guard George Hill is the latest to have his nude photos surface on the Internet when a spurned woman decided to get revenge.
“A year ago I made a mistake and take full responsibility for my actions. I have matured and learned from this episode,” Hill said in a released statement where apologized to his girlfriend, family and Spurs fans.
Hill was a relatively unheralded guard out of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, and is the only player from that school to ever make the NBA. And he is making the most of it, becoming a solid contributor to the Spurs playing 26 minutes a night and averaging 10.9 points per game. He is a good shooter, can hit the three (37% this season) and gets to the line. He’s going to be in the league for a long time.
Hill’s announcement comes on the heels of nude photos of Portland’s Greg Oden being posted on the Web. Guys, put away the cell phone cameras, you’re an NBA player — a celebrity — and if you send these photos out bad things are going to happen. And I really don’t want to write any more of these stories.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4