Feb 9, 2010, 8:17 PM EST
Among the things to now add to those NBA rookie introduction classes is “don’t take nude pictures of yourself with your cell phone then ship them to women you are trying to impress.” Yes, you would think that would be common sense, but…
The San Antonio Spurs guard George Hill is the latest to have his nude photos surface on the Internet when a spurned woman decided to get revenge.
“A year ago I made a mistake and take full responsibility for my actions. I have matured and learned from this episode,” Hill said in a released statement where apologized to his girlfriend, family and Spurs fans.
Hill was a relatively unheralded guard out of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, and is the only player from that school to ever make the NBA. And he is making the most of it, becoming a solid contributor to the Spurs playing 26 minutes a night and averaging 10.9 points per game. He is a good shooter, can hit the three (37% this season) and gets to the line. He’s going to be in the league for a long time.
Hill’s announcement comes on the heels of nude photos of Portland’s Greg Oden being posted on the Web. Guys, put away the cell phone cameras, you’re an NBA player — a celebrity — and if you send these photos out bad things are going to happen. And I really don’t want to write any more of these stories.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 3
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 7
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 21
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17