Feb 9, 2010, 8:17 PM EDT
Among the things to now add to those NBA rookie introduction classes is “don’t take nude pictures of yourself with your cell phone then ship them to women you are trying to impress.” Yes, you would think that would be common sense, but…
The San Antonio Spurs guard George Hill is the latest to have his nude photos surface on the Internet when a spurned woman decided to get revenge.
“A year ago I made a mistake and take full responsibility for my actions. I have matured and learned from this episode,” Hill said in a released statement where apologized to his girlfriend, family and Spurs fans.
Hill was a relatively unheralded guard out of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, and is the only player from that school to ever make the NBA. And he is making the most of it, becoming a solid contributor to the Spurs playing 26 minutes a night and averaging 10.9 points per game. He is a good shooter, can hit the three (37% this season) and gets to the line. He’s going to be in the league for a long time.
Hill’s announcement comes on the heels of nude photos of Portland’s Greg Oden being posted on the Web. Guys, put away the cell phone cameras, you’re an NBA player — a celebrity — and if you send these photos out bad things are going to happen. And I really don’t want to write any more of these stories.
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 1
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16