Feb 9, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
Tuesday: Doc Rivers told the Boston Herald he thinks Pierce will play on Wednesday, although his status remains unchanged. Rivers said Pierce was taken out of practice as a precautionary measure, because he wasn’t moving well. Pierce was not moving well in the game Sunday against Orlando, either.
Monday 5:32 pm: Really not the best 48 hours for Celtics fans. (Well, maybe two weeks, but let’s not overdo it.)
Paul Pierce’s injured foot is the latest in the long list of problems. He played just 31 minutes in the loss to Orlando Sunday — moving slowly and gingerly when he was out there — and then left practice early on Monday. He may not play against the Hornets Wednesday.
“Paul didn’t do a lot, we actually pulled him out early,” (coach Doc) Rivers said of Pierce. “He wasn’t moving around very well. He’s questionable, I think he’s going to play but right now we’ll wait and see. We have a forced day off because we have to get to New Orleans before the parade.”
No, not the Mardi Gras parade, the Saints Super Bowl parade. Should be about the same level of debauchery, though.
While the Celtics need to win some games, having Pierce sit out Wednesday then rest it up All-Star Weekend may be a pretty wise course of action.
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 0
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 6
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'