Feb 9, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
Samson had his hair. King Arthur had Excalibur. Rambo had… Stallone’s accent.
James Harden has his headband.
Nine games ago the Arizona State rookie switched to wearing a headband during Oklahoma City Thunder games, and Royce Young at Daily Thunder noticed a difference. So he broke down the numbers.
As we see, Harden turns into a sharpshooter when wearing the sweat-catcher. He jumps 17 percent from the free throw line and 7.6 percent from 3. He also goes up 1.2 percent from the field…
Consider: He started wearing the headband in January. In games he wore it in January (seven games), he averaged 11.3 ppg, 1.6 apg, 4.3 rpg, was 37.5 percent from the field and 46.1 percent from 3. In games in January he didn’t (eight games), he averaged 9.1 ppg, 1.8 apg, 2.2 rpg and shot 38.7 percent from the floor and 40 percent from 3. So the headband proved worthy last month.
To the math major reading this saying, “but it’s a small sample size…” stop it. We don’t want to hear it. It’s all about the headband. Harden must continue to wear it. End of story.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final