Feb 9, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
Three team trades almost never come together — too many competing interests to keep everyone happy — but man, they are fun to talk about.
And Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic has one that keeps alive the Andre Iguodala for Amare Stoudemire deal.
Possibilities with Philadelphia could be stronger with two fronts, a deal between bringing in swingman Andre Iguodala for Stoudemire with perhaps young power forward Marreese Speights or a three-way deal involving Detroit with Pistons guard Ben Gordon winding up in Philadelphia and the Suns getting Iguodala and Detroit power forward Chris Wilcox. The rub with Iguodala, a 26-year-old former Arizona star, is inheriting a contract that will pay him $56.5 million over the next four seasons.
Gordon landing in Philly would give them roughly 25 shooting guards on the roster. Is that really a need? And in this three way, now Stoudemire goes to walk-the-ball-up Detroit, which seems another questionable fit (although Rodney Stuckey would be thrilled).
Money remains the key to any Iggy/Amare deal. If Stoudemire does not opt out of the $17.7 million he is owned next year, does anybody really want him? Also, do the Suns want to take on a long-term, expensive contract with some heated Collective Bargaining negotiations on the horizon?
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 19
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 10
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 15
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months