Feb 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Basketball fans everywhere have fond memories of the NBA on NBC. We love Roundball Rock (the theme music). We associate it with amazing memories of Detroit’s Bad Boys and Michael Jordan.
Welcome to Pro Basketball Talk at NBCsports.com, a new venture where we will be bringing you and savoring the next generation of memories.
What Pro Basketball Talk is about is bringing you one-stop-shopping for your NBA news — from games to the rumors to injuries to just celebrating the game and the players. The model is based on Pro Football Talk, the amazing and successful site Mike Florio and crew have put together. It is the preeminent football blog. We are bringing that model to the Association and we are going to work harder than the Houston Rockets on defense to live up to the incredible standard of PFT. I hope we can someday.
Want to know what happened in a game you missed? Of course we’ll have that and some insight into why it happened. We’ll let you know about the latest trades and trade rumors. We’ll talk Xs and Os. And we’re going to talk about the fun stuff — like Shane Battier’s new moustache. Which is right out of Reno 911.
We have Ira Winderman pitching in as well as a Dream Team of NBA bloggers (Matt Moore, Rob Mahoney and John Krolik). The one thing every one of us has in common is that we love the game. We are going to bring that passion to you.
So bookmark us. Follow the site on twitter. Comment and be part of the community. We will fill up your RSS feed with everything NBA — you’ll get your news fast, correct, with context and opinion sprinkled in, all topped off with a dollop of fun.
Welcome to Pro Basketball Talk. Take your shoes off and stay a while. Make yourself at home.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 5
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11