Feb 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Basketball fans everywhere have fond memories of the NBA on NBC. We love Roundball Rock (the theme music). We associate it with amazing memories of Detroit’s Bad Boys and Michael Jordan.
Welcome to Pro Basketball Talk at NBCsports.com, a new venture where we will be bringing you and savoring the next generation of memories.
What Pro Basketball Talk is about is bringing you one-stop-shopping for your NBA news — from games to the rumors to injuries to just celebrating the game and the players. The model is based on Pro Football Talk, the amazing and successful site Mike Florio and crew have put together. It is the preeminent football blog. We are bringing that model to the Association and we are going to work harder than the Houston Rockets on defense to live up to the incredible standard of PFT. I hope we can someday.
Want to know what happened in a game you missed? Of course we’ll have that and some insight into why it happened. We’ll let you know about the latest trades and trade rumors. We’ll talk Xs and Os. And we’re going to talk about the fun stuff — like Shane Battier’s new moustache. Which is right out of Reno 911.
We have Ira Winderman pitching in as well as a Dream Team of NBA bloggers (Matt Moore, Rob Mahoney and John Krolik). The one thing every one of us has in common is that we love the game. We are going to bring that passion to you.
So bookmark us. Follow the site on twitter. Comment and be part of the community. We will fill up your RSS feed with everything NBA — you’ll get your news fast, correct, with context and opinion sprinkled in, all topped off with a dollop of fun.
Welcome to Pro Basketball Talk. Take your shoes off and stay a while. Make yourself at home.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 12
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 2
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16