Feb 8, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
NBA trade rumors are a dime a dozen this time a year. However, when a high ranking executive from one team, let’s say the Suns, goes and scouts a player, let’s say Andre Iguodala, that is not just a rumor. ESPN’s Marc Stein
However this deal makes less sense for Philadelphia. If they are trying to shed long-term salary they don’t really do that for a couple of summers because Stoudemire is not likely to opt out after this season. He has that right, but he is due $17.7 million next year and from recent comments he clearly has figured out he would not make that much on the open market in this economy. Plus, if Iguodala and Dalembert have not been great fits in Philadelphia, why would Stoudemire suddenly be? He’s another great athlete currently in a system that suits him. On top of all of it, the Sixers would be trading away their best defenders for a guy disinterested in that end of the floor.
Still, Sixers brass wants to move Dalembert (have for more than a year now) so if this is the only option out there, they will consider it.
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 12
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 12
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23