Feb 8, 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
There have been no early big trades in the NBA, and that because of the economic climate (read: owners don’t want to spend big then go into Collective Bargaining Negotiations with the Players Union and plead poverty) that there might be no big moves made.
Ira Winderman doesn’t buy it.
That has had Portland linked to big men with reasonable contracts, such as Washington’s Brendan
Haywood, as well as small forwards with not-so-reasonable contracts, such as the Wizards’ Caron Butler.
the Mavericks, there has been almost a singular fascination with Kevin
Martin and a lofty contract that the Kings appear to be rethinking amid
the rookie emergence of Tyreke Evans. Don’t be surprised to see Dallas
Howardin some type of far-flung Cuban creation.
is possible that by the trading deadline, the Mavericks bypass the
Lakers for the league’s loftiest payroll and that the Blazers move
closer to the tax threshold.
Read his entire trade deadline breakdown. You’ll be glad you did.
- Report: The Clippers have let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 0
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 6
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 6
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 6
- Report: Tony Parker got death threat during Game 1 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable