Feb 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Mike D’Antoni, tired of the losses, was desperate enough to try to start Nate Robinson at point for a couple games. And, just based on late night decisions you’ve made at bars, when was the last time a desperate decision turned out to be a good one? Exactly.
D’Antoni sat down with Chris Duhon in a hotel room a day ago, they talked for 30 minutes. And…
Coincidence or not, Duhon, with the club 0-2 since he went to the pine, is expected to return as the starting point guard tomorrow vs. Sacramento in their last game before the All-Star break. Nate Robinson will return to a reserve role.
“It was typical coach-talking-to-his-captain type talk, trying to see what we could do to get this team back to where we were,” Duhon told The Post. “What I see we could do differently, what he and I need to do better. There was a lot of brain-storming trying to find solutions.”
D’Antoni had a coach-on-the-floor in Phoenix, a guy running the show who knew how the show should be run. It’s much harder to run his offense without that. Duhon has not been near that guy. Robinson brings energy, but he is about Robinson’s shots too often.
So, D’Antoni goes back to the lesser of two evils. Which, like desperate decisions in a bar at closing time, just never get you what you want.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)