Feb 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Mike D’Antoni, tired of the losses, was desperate enough to try to start Nate Robinson at point for a couple games. And, just based on late night decisions you’ve made at bars, when was the last time a desperate decision turned out to be a good one? Exactly.
D’Antoni sat down with Chris Duhon in a hotel room a day ago, they talked for 30 minutes. And…
Coincidence or not, Duhon, with the club 0-2 since he went to the pine, is expected to return as the starting point guard tomorrow vs. Sacramento in their last game before the All-Star break. Nate Robinson will return to a reserve role.
“It was typical coach-talking-to-his-captain type talk, trying to see what we could do to get this team back to where we were,” Duhon told The Post. “What I see we could do differently, what he and I need to do better. There was a lot of brain-storming trying to find solutions.”
D’Antoni had a coach-on-the-floor in Phoenix, a guy running the show who knew how the show should be run. It’s much harder to run his offense without that. Duhon has not been near that guy. Robinson brings energy, but he is about Robinson’s shots too often.
So, D’Antoni goes back to the lesser of two evils. Which, like desperate decisions in a bar at closing time, just never get you what you want.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record