All-Star Weekend HORSE participants named

Feb 8, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT

nba_durant_small.jpgIt’s one of the things we mere mortals can relate to in All-Star Weekend — a game of HORSE.

This year’s participants in the HORSE shootout will be the defending champion (and guy the league wants to hype) Kevin Durant, the Celtics Rajon Rondo, and the Kings popular rookie Omri Casspi.

That, by the way, means no Monta Ellis. The guy everybody wanted to see in there, because he can hit shots from the tunnel. Or over the backboard. You know, the things we want to see in a HORSE competition, the things we try at the playground and look foolish doing so (except that 1 in 100 time we hit it, then we are Gods).

Casspi is in, well, frankly because he is marketable as the only Israeli player in the NBA. He’s got game, too, but more in the fundamentally solid and good teammate way, not a HORSE way. And if you want to knock Rondo out of the competition just hit a couple midrange jumpers.

Still should be fun. Just would have been more fun with Monta.

1. Bizzle - Feb 8, 2010 at 5:36 PM

“And if you want to knock Rondo out of the competition just hit a couple midrange jumpers.”
    Boom.
    Owned.

2. Mike - Feb 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM

It’s Durant’s to lose.

3. Deek - Feb 8, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I’m willing to support this new endeavor since I liked you guys on the True Hoop network, but c’mon, “Ormi” Casspi?
    I guess I can see the marketability aspect of Casspi’s involvement, but do we really know if he does or doesn’t have that kind of game? I mean, if you’ve seen the guy, or heard of him, always being a fundamental kinda guy then so be it. (Yes, I’m a Kings fan).

4. Joe - Feb 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Kevin Durant- Defending Champ
    LeBron James- Hits crazy shots during warm-ups all the time
    Ben Gordon- Trash talking sharpshooter
    Perfect game of H.O.R.S.E right there. Too bad LeBron is a puss…wussy.

5. custom screen tees - Feb 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Yeah baby!!! New Orleans Saints won the Super Bow! I think I’m going to get some shirts printed up with the Saints logo “saying champions 2010” what you guys think? think i can sell um?

6. Carey Fruin - Feb 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Amazing, outstanding information. This blog is really cool. I bookmarked this and may come back once again.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches