Feb 7, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Apparently Antoine Walker needs the cash pretty badly — after not landing an NBA gig he has taken a physical and signed to play with Guaynabo in Puerto Rico. Former Bull (and Buck and Hornet) Marcus Fizer will join him.
Walker has been out of the game for more than a year (remember his season in Minnesota in 2008? Don’t worry, nobody does). Still he hoped to find an NBA gig but not even the Wizards have been willing to pick him up. Come to think of it, he may not have been the best fit for that locker room right now — remember he was arrested last year for writing $1 million in bad checks to Vegas casinos.
Walker was a three-time All Star who probably still has enough game to make a difference in the Puerto Rico league. (Honestly, I’ve never seen a Puerto Rican basketball game, outside their national team beating the USA. And I’ve tried hard to repress that memory.)
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65