Feb 7, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
Apparently Antoine Walker needs the cash pretty badly — after not landing an NBA gig he has taken a physical and signed to play with Guaynabo in Puerto Rico. Former Bull (and Buck and Hornet) Marcus Fizer will join him.
Walker has been out of the game for more than a year (remember his season in Minnesota in 2008? Don’t worry, nobody does). Still he hoped to find an NBA gig but not even the Wizards have been willing to pick him up. Come to think of it, he may not have been the best fit for that locker room right now — remember he was arrested last year for writing $1 million in bad checks to Vegas casinos.
Walker was a three-time All Star who probably still has enough game to make a difference in the Puerto Rico league. (Honestly, I’ve never seen a Puerto Rican basketball game, outside their national team beating the USA. And I’ve tried hard to repress that memory.)
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30