Feb 7, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Apparently Antoine Walker needs the cash pretty badly — after not landing an NBA gig he has taken a physical and signed to play with Guaynabo in Puerto Rico. Former Bull (and Buck and Hornet) Marcus Fizer will join him.
Walker has been out of the game for more than a year (remember his season in Minnesota in 2008? Don’t worry, nobody does). Still he hoped to find an NBA gig but not even the Wizards have been willing to pick him up. Come to think of it, he may not have been the best fit for that locker room right now — remember he was arrested last year for writing $1 million in bad checks to Vegas casinos.
Walker was a three-time All Star who probably still has enough game to make a difference in the Puerto Rico league. (Honestly, I’ve never seen a Puerto Rican basketball game, outside their national team beating the USA. And I’ve tried hard to repress that memory.)
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 1
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 64
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10