Feb 7, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
Apparently Antoine Walker needs the cash pretty badly — after not landing an NBA gig he has taken a physical and signed to play with Guaynabo in Puerto Rico. Former Bull (and Buck and Hornet) Marcus Fizer will join him.
Walker has been out of the game for more than a year (remember his season in Minnesota in 2008? Don’t worry, nobody does). Still he hoped to find an NBA gig but not even the Wizards have been willing to pick him up. Come to think of it, he may not have been the best fit for that locker room right now — remember he was arrested last year for writing $1 million in bad checks to Vegas casinos.
Walker was a three-time All Star who probably still has enough game to make a difference in the Puerto Rico league. (Honestly, I’ve never seen a Puerto Rican basketball game, outside their national team beating the USA. And I’ve tried hard to repress that memory.)
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 0
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 37
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28