Feb 7, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
Apparently Antoine Walker needs the cash pretty badly — after not landing an NBA gig he has taken a physical and signed to play with Guaynabo in Puerto Rico. Former Bull (and Buck and Hornet) Marcus Fizer will join him.
Walker has been out of the game for more than a year (remember his season in Minnesota in 2008? Don’t worry, nobody does). Still he hoped to find an NBA gig but not even the Wizards have been willing to pick him up. Come to think of it, he may not have been the best fit for that locker room right now — remember he was arrested last year for writing $1 million in bad checks to Vegas casinos.
Walker was a three-time All Star who probably still has enough game to make a difference in the Puerto Rico league. (Honestly, I’ve never seen a Puerto Rican basketball game, outside their national team beating the USA. And I’ve tried hard to repress that memory.)
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14